Appalachian Christmas Outreach
It’s time to pack backpacks for Appalachian Christmas Outreach!
Our goal for our association is to collect 500 backpacks. Please contact Jackie Lawrence (828-964-0408) or Jennifer at the association office (828-264-4482) if you have questions. Also, please let us know if your church is planning to participate!
Each zippered school backpack should include:
1) Small items of NEW clothing such as winter hats, gloves, socks, underwear, scarf, rolled t-shirts, etc.
2) Small pop-top canned food such as ravioli, tuna, beef stew, vegetables, fruit (3-4 cans)
3) At least one NEW, age appropriate non-breakable toy. Examples: small cars, balls, dolls, small stuffed animals, yo-yos, jump rope, sidewalk chalk, Slinky, card games, Legos, other (no toy weapons, please!)
4) Hygiene items including toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, washcloth, brush or comb, shampoo, deodorant (please fit these items into a one gallon Ziploc bag so they will not leak out).
5) A children’s or youth Bible (no particular version is required)
6) Fresh, wrapped candy (no chocolate please, as it may melt – and no peanut products please due to allergies)
7) A copy of "The Christmas Story" (downloadable and printable .pdf found on NCBM website)
You can find more information about Appalachian Christmas Outreach, instructions on how to label the backpacks, and the printable .pdf of "The Christmas Story" at the Baptists on Mission website.